Job Function: Machine operator
Department: Production Department
Reports to: Area Supervisor
- Perform diversified manual and mechanical duties to set up, operate and maintain in good operating condition all assets required to perform this job description.
- Duties require verbal communication skills, visual acuity to machine operation and product quality details as well as written material, manual coordination and dexterity in the use of ordinary hand tools, and the physical ability to lift various objects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Confirm the Job Pocket information and request correct materials for production.
- Ensure the packaging material is accurate and inspect for quality defect at startup of and throughout production.
- Set up the machine following specifications of the Job Pocket and the contents thereof.
- Perform start-up check and populate checklist.
- Load and thread rolls of materials, as needed, into the machine.
- Monitor operating conditions of the machine.
- Perform checks for overall package quality.
- Conduct visual inspection of finished product.
- Interrupt machine operation if a safety, quality, or mechanical issue arises.
- reports any safety hazards, quality issues or machine problems to a Supervisor if the issue is beyond operator’s ability to rectify or poses a threat to personnel or product safety.
- Where necessary ensure product is packaged and labeled according to requirements and palletized properly.
- Where necessary ensure Packers conduct required quality testing and populate forms accurately.
- Populate production report with complete and accurate information.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition during production
- Clean the machine properly after production runs or changeovers.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) that are in effect while assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
- Follow all established safety rules and regulations and utilize required safety equipment.
- Cross-train in other areas of the Finishing Areas
- perform other duties as required or as requested by supervisor.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to use and read a tape measure and weigh scale.
- Ability to lift various objects and to work on/or around machinery.