- Works with the Bag/Pouch Operator in the Finishing Department to pack product into boxes manually.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS (NON EXHAUSTIVE):
- Ensure that packaging and labeling materials are available at the work station.
- Conduct visual inspection.
- Assemble boxes as needed and attach finishing labels provided for each job.
- Visually inspect product for defects before placing them inside the box.
- Properly tape, write box number, initial the printed label and stack boxes of finished product onto a clean pallet.
- Communicate product defects to the Bag/Pouch Operator or Supervisor.
- Check the weighing scale and the monitor to make sure that the line is running efficiently.
- Perform leak test and enter the Leak Test result on Quality Report.
- Assist Bag/Pouch Operator clean equipment and fill out the Housekeeping & Cleaning form.
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping work, sweep, clean and wipe down machinery to maintain a clean and orderly work area and fill out cleaning record.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) that are in effect while assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
- Follow all established safety rules and regulations and utilize required safety equipment.
- Report any unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel.
- Perform other duties as required or as requested by the Supervisor or Bag/Pouch Operator.